Waiting tables can be rewarding but may also wear down even the most enthusiastic employee. After months of working as a waiter, physical exhaustion, mental fatigue, and back pain start to set in. To make matters worse, your shoes don’t fit and you deal with constant foot pain.
The type of shoes a waiter wears can directly affect their performance and physical well-being. Unfortunately, many employees don’t invest in premium footwear due to high costs and poor design.
So, what are the best shoes for waiters?
The Best Shoes for Waiters
The average waiter manages roughly four tables at a time and spends most of their shift standing, walking, and carrying heavy trays. What should you look for in a good waiting shoe?
- Slip-Resistance. Waiters are constantly exposed to slip hazards on the job. No matter how careful a server is, accidents happen—from grease and oil spills to other food spills in both the preparation and dining areas. Amberjack’s slip-resistant shoe can take on any unforeseen spills.
- Support. Standing or walking without adequate support can lead to temporary discomfort, or, in some cases, chronic foot pain. Waiters should look for a shoe with a properly-sized arch support and a firm heel to keep the most vulnerable parts of their feet protected throughout the day.
- Comfort. Nobody wants to wear uncomfortable shoes. Waiters often multitask between taking orders, checking in with patrons, and carrying food. Foot discomfort can distract you from other important tasks, so look for shoes comfortable enough you almost forget you’re wearing them.
- Style. Being well dressed is essential for making a good first impression. Waiters who wear appropriately styled shoes are better equipped to impress their patrons and often feel more self-confident.
High-quality footwear will get you through the day feeling great while maintaining a professional appearance. Here are four of the best shoes for waiters.
Same design, different color? Our obsidian line is top-tier when it comes to the best shoes for waiters. Many restaurants enforce a dress code that is both professional and won’t clash with the decor. For that reason, you’ll find most waiters dressed in all black. That’s where a pair of classic black dress shoes fits the bill. Impress your boss with slip-resistant dress shoes in either obsidian or onyx.
The Loafer’s laceless design makes them easier to slip on and off, but these aren’t just casual lounge shoes. The premium A-grade black leather pairs well with anything from black suits to dark jeans or khakis, depending on your establishment’s dress code.
Chelseas are professional-style boots for those who prefer high-top footwear. Waiters who need a more conservatively colored shoe will love the obsidian leather Chelsea, which still has the advanced technological comfort of our other shoes.
With midnight-colored suede, a black elastic band, and a dual-density outsole, these boots are the definition of professional style. Plus, if you’re apprehensive about suede as a waiter, rest assured that our Italian suede is water-repellent. Sustainably sourced from one of the finest tanneries in Tuscany, Italy, our protected suede stays fresh under rain or shine (or inevitable drink spills at the restaurant). The timeless color matches especially well with dark jeans, dark slacks, or a dark suit.
Shop the Best Shoes for Waiters from Amberjack
At Amberjack, we produce shoes that defy the norm of wasteful production lines and uninspired design. What makes our shoes so unique?
- Proprietary outsole. Our dual-density TPU outsole uses hiking boot material in the back and athletic technology in the front for the perfect combination of support and flexibility.
- Arch support. Our insole contains a special heat-activated arch support that molds to the shape of your foot and stays supportive for longer.
- Buck skin lining. Our shoes hug your feet in a buttery-soft sheepskin lining with laser perforations to allow airflow. Basically, you won’t want to wear socks.
- High-quality leather. We’re firm believers that fake imitations don’t match the real thing. That’s why we work with one of the best tanneries in the world and only use premium A-grade hides from American steers.
On top of these features, we offer free shipping, free returns, and prices that are 2-3x cheaper than similarly made shoes. It’s never been so easy to get your hands on incredibly stylish and comfortable shoes. Shop the best shoes for waiters today!