As a wedding photographer, you know that looking your best is just as important as capturing the perfect shot. But with all the running around and standing on your feet that the job requires, finding the right pair of dress shoes can be a challenge.
That's why we've rounded up our best shoes for male wedding photographers. From classic oxfords to stylish loafers, these picks will keep you feeling comfortable and looking professional all day long.
What You Need From a Pair of Wedding Photographer Shoes
When shopping for wedding photographer shoes, there are a few key factors to consider:
- Comfort. As a wedding photographer, you'll be on your feet for long periods, so comfort is essential. Look for shoes with cushioning and support to help prevent fatigue and keep you comfortable all day.
- Durability. Your shoes need to withstand the demands of a wedding photography gig, so be sure to choose a pair made with high-quality materials and construction. In almost all cases, full-grain leather will be your best bet for durability
- Style. While comfort and durability are important, you'll also want to make sure your shoes are stylish and appropriate for a wedding setting. Look for classic, timeless styles that match your wedding photography attire well.
- Fit. Proper fit is crucial for both comfort and stability. Make sure to try on shoes and walk around in them before purchasing to ensure they feel good on your feet.
- Price. As with any purchase, it's important to consider your budget when shopping for wedding photography shoes. Determine how much you're willing to spend and look for options that fit within that range.
Poor-fitting or low-quality shoes can impact the health of your feet, joints, and performance as a photographer. Ill-fitting shoes can cause blisters, sore spots, foot fatigue, joint pain, balance issues, and poor posture.
On the other hand, shoes that fit well, offer proper support, and are made with high-quality materials can help you maintain good foot and joint health and allow you to capture every special moment.
You must choose your shoes carefully and consider factors such as fit, support, and quality when shopping for dress shoes, particularly for when you'll be wearing them for extended periods or while performing physically demanding tasks.
#1. The Tux in Onyx
The Tux is suited for any black-tie wedding event that requires the utmost formality. Our high-gloss patent leather really shines in the eye-catching Onyx color. Don’t be fooled by this shoe's appearance! The Tux has heat-activated arch support and other innovative features created to keep your feet comfortable—even while standing for hours.
Shop The Tux Onyx
#2. The Original in Grizzly Brown Suede
When the time comes to photograph a semiformal wedding, The Original offers a timeless, comfortable, and durable alternative to cheap dress shoes.
We source our Italian suede from a leading tannery in Italy. In addition to the super-soft and breathable buckskin lining, you get the added benefit of a water-repellent upper. Now you can stay focused on capturing a memorable moment without worrying (too much) about your environment.
Shop The Original Grizzly Suede
#3. The Loafer in Cobalt Blue Suede
Wedding photographers are familiar with the duty of blending in with the wedding guests and crowd. However, a casual or lighthearted wedding may permit you to wear a pair of wedding photographer shoes with some flair.
In Cobalt Blue Suede, The Loafer is a no-compromises slip-on that can make you stand out without needing to sit down after a two-hour wedding ceremony and extended reception. With a dual-density outsole, you can maneuver from shot to shot with confidence in your every step.
Shop The Loafer Cobalt Suede
#4. The Chelsea in Midnight
If men’s dress shoes and loafers won’t cut it, perhaps The Chelsea will. We reinvented the traditional Chelsea boot to offer a never-before-seen level of comfort, ankle support, and durability.
Our pre-stretched, A-grade leather is cut and molded by masters in Portugal. With the added benefit of buttery-soft sheepskin lining, thermo-moldable insoles, and an unbeatable price tag for full-grain leather, these will make the perfect pair of wedding photographer shoes.
Shop The Chelsea Midnight
Capture Memories With Support From Amberjack
Wedding photographers need to be well-dressed and presentable at all times. Having a good pair of dress shoes is an important part of this. At Amberjack, we want to help you stay on your feet while looking your best.
Instead of keeping in tune with tradition—uncomfortable, inflexible, unflattering shoes—we invented and innovated a vertically sourced option that’s sure to replace your previous go-to pair of wedding photographer shoes!
Ultimately, the best shoes for male wedding photographers will depend on personal style and comfort preferences, which is why we’ve invented plenty of styles, colors, and materials for you to choose from. Ready to try the best men’s dress shoes for your next shoot? Let’s go!